Cryogenic Valve: Small Stem Globe
Design Features Of Cryogenic Valves
- The Valve has been designed so that moving parts which come in contact with each other are made from different materials to prevent the mating surfaces from galling. This avoids any contamination of the service.
- PTFE was selected as the ideal material for the sealing disk within the loose valve to ensure tight shut off.
- A wafer thin fluorocarbon disk is located between the loose valve and the spindle end. This eliminates much of the torque transmitted by the spindle at the point of closure resulting in positive seating of the sealing disk, without fear of scrubbing.
- The internal design of the body provides high flow capacity.
- The valve is fitted with a union bonnet to eliminate body leakage and resist thermal shock.
Pressure Rating and Temperature
450 lbf/in² within temperature range -225°C to +178°C.
Range of Cryogenic Valves
- IIGL 100 – Socket : d” to 2″ bore.
- IIGL 200 – Screwed : d” to 2″ bore screwed to BS.21 taper, BS.2779 parallel, NPT or API American threads.
- IIGL 300 – Flanged : 2″ to 2″ bore flanged to BST “H”, ASA Class 300 or DIN ND.40.
Socket ended valves will be supplied with copper tubes soldered to the valves body which simplifies installation. When ordering state tube length required.
Note : When ordering please state valve reference, end connection and size required. Flanged valves are supplied drilled unless otherwise specified.
Cryogenic Valve: Long Stem Globe
Design Features The basic design features are identical to those incorporated in the standard spindle valve but incorporating an extended spindle which is often necessary for handling the liquid phase. The extended spindle positions the gland box away from the body. This area is, therefore, at a higher temperature which ensures that the valve spindle is always operable.
Range of Cryogenic Valves
- IIGL 100 – Socket : d” to 2½” bore.
- IIGL 200 – Screwed : d” to 2½” bore screwed to BS.21 taper, BS.2779 parallel, NPT or API American threads.
- IIGL 300 – Flanged : 2″ to 2½” bore flanged to BST “H”, ASA Class 300 or DIN ND.40.
The following spindle lengths are available : 9″, 12″, 15″, 18″ and 21″. Other sizes can be supplied to order. Socket ended valves will be supplied with copper tubes soldered to the valves body which simplifies installation. When ordering state tube length required.
Note : When ordering state valve reference, end connection, spindle length and size required. Flanged valves are supplied drilled unless otherwise specified.
|ITEM||PART DESCRIPTION||QUANTITY||MATERIAL OPTIONS|
|1||BODY||1||SEE NOTE 1|
|2||END PLATE (US)||1||SEE NOTE 1|
|3||END PLATE (DS)||1||SEE NOTE 1|
|4||BALL||1||SEE NOTE 1|
|5||STEM||1||SEE NOTE 1|
|6||FOLLOWER||1||300 STAINLESS STEEL|
|8||STEM SEAL||1||VIRGIN P.T.F.E|
|9||BODY SEAL||2||VIRGIN P.T.F.E|
|10||STOP||1||300 STAINLESS STEEL|
|11||STEM NUT||2||300 STAINLESS STEEL|
|12||HANDLE||1||300 STAINLESS STEEL|
|13||THRUST BEARING||1||FILLED P.T.F.E|
|15||BODY BOLT||4||300 STAINLESS STEEL|
|16||BODY NUT||4||300 STAINLESS STEEL|
|17||LOCK WASHER||1||400 STAINLESS STEEL|
|22||COLLAR||1||300 STAINLESS STEEL|
|23||SET SCREW||1||300 STAINLESS STEEL|
|24||SEAL WASHER||1||300 STAINLESS STEEL|
- Standard materials for these components are 304L, 3161 stainless steel and bronze.
- Standard materials for these components are 304 and 316 stainless steel.
- Item numbers 7, 8, 9 and 13 are recommended spare parts.
- An anti-galling substance is applied to external threads where necessary. No other lubrication is used or recommended.
- Optional static grounding springs can be applied between stem & ball; ball & body.
- Dimensions D & F shown are standard for KIGL. Other extension lengths are available on application.
- Alternative seat materials available.